Friday, September 21, 2012

Phone Fable

Current location: Cheras
Current music: 'Waiting in the car, waiting for a ride in the dark'

I just got a new phone last month and I love it so far. Though it might not be the coolest/fastest/newest phone around, I still think that it's awesome for this little device to do so much. I had no idea how it feels like to own a smartphone before and now that I do, it's kinda hard to be separated from it. 

I still remember my first phone ever quite vividly. It's a Motorola, one of the c-series. But I don't remember which model exactly, most probably the c300. This phone has got to be one of the toughest phone ever, next to Nokia 3310. Which is funny because at the time my roommate own a 3310. It's much simpler in those days, where as long as it can send and receive calls or sms's then it's a great phone. Oh, and remember when you used to change the covers or 'housing'? Or how you used to 'compose' your own ringtones using numbers and alphabet? 


Motorola C300
Then a couple of years after that I got myself a new phone, also a Motorola. For almost 5 years, this is the phone that became my closest companion. We've gone through so much together, thick and thin that it almost brings tears to my eyes! I love it a lot. But the battery keep on dying so fast and I had no choice but to replace it. It's sad...

Motorola E398
After that, I got a gift from my brother who just got back from working in China. It's a Samsung this time but I only used it for a short period of time due to malfunctioned charging port. No charging port means no battery :(
I had to switch back to E398, which is fine.

Samsung Katalyst

I had to replace my Motorola temporarily with my dad's phone because the battery really worn out after some time. I am never really keen with Nokia at all before because I don't like the UI. Had no choice but to use it for school and stuff. This is the thinnest phone that I've used so far.

Nokia 2630
I've used the Nokia for almost a year when the 'accident' happened. My phone got hit by a car. Yes, I'm not kidding and it's not funny. I was walking when I saw a friend of mine and tried to wave when suddenly the phone just slipped (or rather flew) from my hand and fell on the pavement road and the next thing I knew, a car just hit it right in the middle. It happened so fast I don't even know what to say. Worst. Moment. Ever. Then I bought a new phone (right during my recession I must add), a Nokia C3. I have nothing but good things to say about this phone. It served me well. My first phone with a full qwerty keyboard by the way.

Nokia C3-00

My current phone, Sony Xperia Neo L. My history with this phone is still unwritten so we'll see how it will go I guess. But I'm planning to have a long and good one with it! 

Me phone!
So there it goes! My phone fable... By the way, what's your favorite phone?

2 comments:

Rungitom said...

Aha! Motorola E398, epic boombox at that time. :D

Unknown said...

Yep. First stereo phone made by Motorola. Quite inventive at the time.