Thursday, November 19, 2009

君に届け...

Currently... : my business is growing strong...café world is very addictive indeed.
Current location: same as always, in front of the pc.
Current music: When you came in the air went out And every shadow filled up with doubt...

I am absolutely 100% a manga addict. I don't know who's to blame for that. Hmm...probably my brother. He liked to read manga then. I remember when we were kids, I used to read manga like all the time. My first manga is probably Doraemon. And then, I was introduced to Dragonball and there was no turning back since. I'm a manga whore! I have like a whole bookshelf dedicated for my precious manga collection. Yes, I'm a manga collector – Dragonball, Sailormoon, Chibi Maruko chan, Doraemon, plus a bunch of many other various Shonen & Shoujo mangas. I'm still a manga addict now, but I hardly ever bought any these days. Its tough (and depressing) being a student with no income you know. I wish I could buy manga anytime I want. Luckily, these days many sites offer manga download/reading for free, so I won't have to buy them. Series like Naruto, Bleach, Claymore, One piece, Gintama... and now, I have a whole hard disk dedicated for manga.... "-_-)


Right now, I'm reading Kimi ni Todoke (From Me to You). It's a shoujo manga by Shīna Karuho, but I'm guessing that boys are also 'allowed' to read it since it's not too mushy or overly lovey-dovey love story or anything like that. I bet a lot of boys do read this manga, I think... Highly recommended for those who wishes for something new and refreshing. I enjoy reading it. And for once, I don't have a hard time liking the main girl character because usually the main character for shoujo manga was...well...unlikeable? Or just very hard to like at first. And the story was also different as it's not simply like boy meets girl, then they fall in love, have a little misunderstanding, and quickly resolve it then have a happy ending...totally nothing like that at all.


Well the story is about Kuronema Sawako, a girl who people at her school were afraid of because she resembles the girl from The Ring – Sadako (Samara), and she was also called Sadako because of it. There's this funny synopsis written that says, "Sawako is the perfect heroine – for a horror movie..." But of course she's nothing like a ghost. She's actually very sweet and naive. And she's incredibly dense (but extremely cute when she's in her dense/naive mode)! Sheesh! You have to read it to know more, and I promise you, you won't regret it! :D And I also adore the main guy character, Kazehaya Shouta...He's cute! – and have a very big heart! Sounds like the kind of guy I would hope for! Hehehe... There's also the anime version of it and if you would like to watch it, then go here.

Kimi ni Todoke (君に届け) - Reaching You/From me to you

(^.^)v




No comments: